The Greenhouse Effect
What exactly are greenhouse gases, and are they really causing climate change? Global warming has suddenly become the hottest environmental issue, and this program clearly explains the science of the greenhouse effect and the evidence that we are causing climate change.
The program covers the following topics:
- The composition of the atmosphere
- Why the atmosphere has a warming effect
- The carbon cycle
- Other important greenhouse gases besides carbon dioxide: Methane, Nitrogen (I) oxide, CFCs and HFCs
- The effects of global warming
- Main sources of man-made carbon dioxide emissions
- Ways to reduce emissions
The DVD contains a basic version suitable for students at all levels from year 7, and an advanced version for senior chemistry students.
Additional ‘enrichment’ sections:
- Ice core research – revealing data about past temperature and carbon dioxide levels
- Carbon capture and storage (CCS), or ‘geosequestration’: various methods currently being explored
- Ocean acidification
|Year levels||Year 7+ / Senior Secondary|