The Advanced Physics Series: Wave-Particle Duality
One of a series of lectures/demonstrations in the Advanced Physics Series for physics teachers produced in conjunction with the University of Melbourne.
Dr Adam Micolich – from the Physics School at the University of New South Wales – explores these concepts and issues:
• The photoelectric effect: can it be explained by classical physics?
• Along comes Einstein
• atomic structure theories (de Broglie, Thompson, Rutherford, Bohr)
• Emission, absorption and spectroscopy
• Double-slit experiment
• Bohr’s principle of complementarity
• Interference with other particles (eg neutrons, buckyballs)
• Quantum mechanics, probability and measurement
|Year levels||Professional Development (Physics Teachers)|