Reviews basic redox chemistry principles, including energy conversion in the Daniell cell. We see how a galvanic cell is constructed and tested, and how you develop half-cell equations.
The electrochemical series is explained: what it is, its uses, and the limitations of predictions based on the series.
limitations of predictions based on the series.
- key redox chemistry principles (quick recap)
- the Daniell cell: how it converts chemical energy into electricity
- constructing and testing a cell
- writing half-cell equations
- the electrochemical series: how it works, and how it can be used to predict redox reaction products
- limitations of predictions
Chemistry Consultant: Warren Moseley (Co-author, Heinnemann Chemistry 2; former member VCAA Chemistry Standing C’tee).
||Upper Secondary to Tertiary|
||$125 incl GST (+$8 p&h in Australia/ elsewhere POA)|
|How To Order|