Explains the essential features of redox reactions and their importance both in nature and in industry. Outlines the concepts of paired half-reactions and the ‘oxidation number’ system (and why oxidation numbers are so useful).
paired half-reactions and the ‘oxidation number’ system (and why oxidation numbers are so useful).
- What is a redox reaction?
- Redox reactions in the real world
- Oxidation numbers
- Oxidation numbers: exceptions
- Using oxidation numbers
- Redox reactions: the sum of two halves
- Combustion of methane
- Balancing equations for redox reactions
Chemistry Consultant: Warren Moseley (Co-author, Heinnemann Chemistry 2; former member VCAA Chemistry Standing C’tee).
||Upper Secondary to Tertiary|
||$125 inc GST (+$8 p&h in Australia/ elsewhere POA)|
|How To Order|